Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Area, New Zone

Another day of development has passed on by. I started constructing a new area that will signify one of the last missions for this zone. I created the blueprint for a semi-playable non-player character. I won't give too much detail, but this character will follow the storyline into the next area and appear later on in the game. The current area will include an exterior grid involving a “game of cat and mouse” in the darkness and rain, followed by a lengthly multi-level interior. This interior will include the newest non-player and an uncommon boss. This boss will also reveal a little more of the storyline and deepen the plot. I have been taking it slow this week. I've been putting in an average of 35 hours a week so far, so I have spent a portion of my time just sitting here in my chair this week.