Sunday, December 02, 2007

November Month-End

It's the month-end, so I spent much of this Sunday transferring October's game data from my server into DVD archives. I have been keeping the previous month on the server because I have to access it on occasion when I run into a problem. If it's a month old, I'm not gonna need it again, but I hate deleting stuff that has a 1% chance of being accessed again.

So I stuggled today with a couple doors that I was trying to set inside a building. For whatever reason, this new engine, is completely unforgiving when it comes to any placeable that is able to hold any form of transition code. Doors, in this case, are sensitive to what is on a wall on the other side. Normally, you can get creative with these things when the door is just going to be background meshing. The door is placed on the map, given a Static FALSE string and the door becomes a prop.

I'm just glad that I discovered this now, rather than a month from now when I'm in the middle of a massively complex structure.