Sunday, December 02, 2007

Rise of the Fallen

Last week, I started up my project for the Rise of the Fallen again. I put it on hold when the engine was extremely unstable. I just couldn't take the pain of starting the same modules over and over again, as the engine was eating my code.

To avoid making costly mistakes that slow my work down in the future, I knew I was gonna have to start off slow again. I had the habit of doing a whole bunch of work and then testing it, only to find silly mistakes, but being unable to pinpoint what was causing the error.

I spent the first day, setting up the textures and building the interior of the starting zone. It was pretty easy, but I didn't fine tune it, yet. I'm sure I will go back before this project is done and tweak things just a little.

The past couple days, I have been setting up the exterior zone, and creating a realistic looking platform. Hopefully, the players won't look at it as forcefully directional. Sometimes, you have no choice in these things. You gotta keep the system resources down, by limiting the number of rendered objects.