Monday, December 24, 2007

Two Days Spent on a Tavern

I've spent the past two days on the lower level interior of a building. This particular building is the tavern in this swamp-village near the starting point. I'm really trying to flesh this place out. I would expect such a tavern would serve as the common building as well as the local “hang out”. Given this, I'm placing people at tables and giving them “drinking” animations.

For some odd reason, the overhead chandeliers have been causing the ground beneath them to be “unwalkable”. If I convert them to Environmental Objects, the problem is solved. It has not been a big deal; it's just kind of strange why it works like that.

This building is also going to be the start of the first "quest". It's going to be a low-level mission, involving "defeated" a group of local bandit-bullies that have taken over the inn. Once I get done with this tavern, I will decide on how detailed I wish to make future taverns. I was hoping to bust this place out in half a day, but it's taking a lot longer than I expected.