Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Oak Knoll exterior complete...mostly

So with a little over three days of work, I have completed the Village of Oak Knoll. When I say that, I mean that I have the exterior set usable. The interior of one of the buildings has been started, but it is far was usable, and the town itself is like a ghost town, void of life. When I got done with the construction of the village, I ran a play test and thought to myself, "Damn, this looks good." I may have actually said it aloud, but I can't be certain. I have been thinking of a starting plot of the village. I need something to get the player involved in the town, as they will spend a portion of the beginning of the story with Oak Knoll being their home base. I also need to consider the fact that any missions must be suited to a party of two first levels. The other party member is a "tank", so it need to bare in the mind the notion that the player may not have any viable resource for healing. I'm confident that I can do it well without resorting to storyline changes.